Waste compactors are designed for pressing of paper, cardboard, polymers, plastic bottles, and allow to reduce their volume to 20 times
Waste compactors are designed to accumulate solid waste and secondary resources in a container with subsequent compression. Their advantage is compressing the garbage in a large container with the possibility of its further removal to the landfill. The compactors are not designed for the accumulation of large waste, and individual models are equipped with a loading mechanism for containers of various construction. Frequently, such containers are installed in open areas. They are adapted for transportation on trucks with a special hook.
The most important characteristic of the compactor is the volume of the container, as it is attached directly to the volume of waste being collected. Another, no less important parameter is the effort created by the pressing plate, because it depends on the degree of compaction of the accumulated waste or secondary resources.
Advantages of waste compactors
Features of using of waste compactors
- Efficiency. The equipment can significantly reduce the amount of waste, which in turn reduces the frequency of garbage collection
- Versatility. Garbage compactors provide compression for various types of recyclables. They are capable of operating in a wide range of operating conditions. Compactors can operate at -50° to + 50°
- Easy to use. To control the work of baler, employees do not have to memorize complex rules and instructions. In addition, one employee managing the press is sufficient.
- Function set variations. There are compactors for different types of waste and multifunctional press compactors that perform several tasks at the same time.
- Compactness. The equipment occupies a small area compared to the container.
Waste management culture and European experience. The absence of open containers with debris eliminates the possibility of its spreading by wind or birds, the absence of odor, etc.
There are three main types of MSW compactors:
- stationary, when the pressing head is rigidly mounted on the platform and only container is removable;
- mobile when the press head is attached to the container;
- wet waste compactors (bio compactors).